Supplements: Betaine With Pepsin
This supplement supports stomach acid and thyroid disorders.
Hashimoto’s and Low Stomach Acid
Betaine with pepsin has been found to be effective against excessive fatigue. Sometimes, after taking betaine with pepsin, you wake up hours earlier than expected having surplus of time to budget for.
Most of the people affected with Hashimoto’s are diagnosed with low stomach acid. This condition consequently leads to slower digestion of food provoking food allergies, which irritate and burden the immune system.
If you have Hashimoto’s then it is more likely you also have inadequate or no stomach acid. This can make you susceptible to:
- Parasitic infections from undigested food.
- Develop severe food allergies
- Infestation of the small intestines with excess bacteria
- Depletion of nutrients (calcium, ferratin etc.)
- If this condition is left untreated, you may develop hypergastrinemia and hazardous cancers.
Achlorhydria and Hypochlordria Symptoms
There are very minimal symptoms of low stomach acid. The most pronounced one is feeling exhausted and full after meals, and sometimes resemble acid reflux signs. This acid reflux-like symptoms, by giving antacids may actually worsen.
Betaine HCl and Pepsin
Betaine and pepsin are incorporated within gastric juice naturally, to aid in making amino acids and nutrients easily absorbed after digestion. Betaine HCL is used in promoting gastric lumen acidity whereaspepsin is an enzyme used to digest proteins.
Betaine HCL With Pepsin
There was positive feedback after administering this drug. Taking betaine and pepsin has the following advantages:
- Less energy is used during digestion
- Amino acids are made more available for absorption
- You develop less food allergies or none
- Food is digested faster and you don’t crave for more.
Since most Hashimoto’s patients have low stomach acid, this drug is efficient in improving it.
People Who Should Not Use Betaine With Pepsin:
- Those taking medication which can cause ulcers
- People using a proton pump inhibitor medication
Capsules should be increased by one, after every meal, until you develop high acid level symptoms. At this point, one dose less in recommended.
Taking apple cider vinegar or lemon juice can also elevate stomach acid.